Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Movies, Movies, Movies...

For someone as devoted to movies as I usually am, I found myself in the strange position of having not seen a single of the recent releases. Shocking really considering how long I've been waiting for the new X-Men movie to come out. But I'm happy to say my friends and I went on a movie binge over the weekend and managed to (at least partially) catch up. I can now check Godzilla (monster-licious), Maleficent (a little bit disappointing), and X-Men: Days of Future Past (terrific) off my list. 

But I have to admit, I have yet to see the movie of the summer. Each movie has been fun, but I haven't yet walked out of one and though, "let's do that again!". Fortunately it's still early and we have plenty of opportunities to find the "it" movie of the summer. Let's take a look at few of the top contenders . . . 


Is anyone else excited about this upcoming movies? I was a bit skeptical about another Transformers film, but an all new cast means all new potential (yay for no Megan Fox). Guardians of the Galaxy looks hilarious and I loved the first How to Train Your Dragon, so I'm hopeful for both of them. 

We'll have to just wait and see!

9 comments:

  1. When I was pregnant with my first child, my sister-in-law gave me the best advice. She said, "Go and see as many grown up movies as you can. Even if you don't think you'll like them, 'cause you won't be seeing anything for adult viewing for a long-assed time." (ok, maybe I embellished the wording a bit, especially at the end, but the message is true.

    If it doesn't have princesses in it or is animated in some way, I don't get to see it. Sigh. Guardians and x-men look good. Hell, I'd even take transformers and they've sucked big time. Give me some senseless violence to counteract the saccharine sweetness I've been force fed for the past 9 years.
    ahem. sorry. I'll control myself. Enjoy your movies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha, that's some AWESOME advice. I just got married and we're thinking kids pretty soon-ish, so I will absolutely try and see as MANY violent movies as I possibly can before princesses and animation!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for finally writing about > "Movies, Movies, Movies..." < Liked it!

    Here is my web site: clash of clans hack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a movie buff like you-I suck at seeing the new releases! Glad you could catch up and I want to see all 3. I wonder about the new Transformer movies but it stars Mark Wahlburg and he is a pretty good actor and anything is better than Shaia (how does one spell his name??) and Megan (who cares) Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Spiderman with my kids and thought it needed some editing and then Palo Alto and thought it was good in that way that made me want to watch it and simultaneously look away.

    However, I haven't seen ANY of the ones you listed above. Time to get myself to the theater!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy and Dragon 2 are both on my list. I see far fewer movies than I used to (thanks to better quality TV and devotion to writing (while TV on in background LOL)). The new X Men was decent; it started out rough for me, but I loved the intermingling of the old/young characters across time. And the special appearances--awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. X-Men as been the closest to THE movie so far. Seeing Dragon tomorrow and looking forward to Guardians. That looks like all sorts of campy good fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed on X-Men. I can't wait to see your review on Dragons! I can't go until next week.

      Delete
  7. I loved X:Men. But if situations were different I would have dressed up as Toothless and seen HTTYD for the midnight release. Alas, I have to wait another 40 some days. But I'm pretty positive I'll want to see it more than once. Then again, I'm a super fan. I'm rewatching the cartoon series XD

    ReplyDelete