Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dark YA Blogfest - Week 5

For the fifth and final week of the I Love Dark YA Blogfest I am supposed to discuss the books that I am most looking forward to reading. While I have an entire list FULL of books I cannot wait to read, most of them, thankfully, have already been published. But there is one book I'm in particular whose release I am anxiously awaiting . . .

The Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy 
by Nikki Loftin

I met Nikki Loftin last may when she was one of the guest speakers at the Houston Writer's Conference. There she discussed the long road she faced on her journey to publication, and the many discarded plots, drafts and edits she struggled through along the way. However, on August 21, 2012, her debut novel – The Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy – hits the shelves, where I know it will captivate audiences everywhere. Pitched as Coraline meets Hansel and Gretel, this amazing story centers around a young girl whose seemingly delightful new school hides frightening secrets. 

I can't wait to read it!!!


8 comments:

  1. The title only is enough to capture my attention. It sounds like a good one that I need to keep on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPECTACULAR title! I wish I'd written it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one. Looks really cool. *runs to add on Goodreads*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, her title is awesome. And Nikki is amazing - I'm sure her book will be incredible. I can't wait for it to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't lie. That description sounds totally enticing. Definitely adding it to my Amazon wishlist, which I don't typically do if the book hasn't even come out yet and there aren't any reviews floating around the Internet. Thanks for the awesome share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sweetie! Just wanted to say thanks for my blog award! Much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it will be a great read!

    ReplyDelete