Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Monday Movie Marathons: Disasters

Last night I saw a preview for the upcoming Into the Storm movie, which has the potential to be an awesome new disaster movie. As a huge fan of the genre, I'm really looking forward to it. And in anticipation, I thought I'd post a Monday Movie Marathon blog on, you guessed it, disaster movies. This list could just go on and on, but here are just a few of my favorites to get the ball rolling. 

Disaster Movies:



What about you guys? Any favorite Disaster movies I didn't include? 



6 comments:

  1. Got me thinking, I rarely watch this genre. But would Sharknado be included?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have seen all of those. I think 2012 tops the disasters, because what more could they do? Blow up the solar system?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to Into The Storm. The trailer is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irwin Allen movies!! The Towering Inferno and Earthquake! Tidal Wave is another one-hahahaha-That last one stars Lorne Greene and I saw that at the Drive-In when I was 7 or 8 and i knew it was bad. What I love are always the big names in these disaster movies. Ok The Towering Inferno is just a big tower but it rocks for sheer shlock! I have to look for a film starring Peter Graves where all the people are hone and just white powder is left-saw it decades ago. There are more but i have to think and find some that are actually good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Where Have All the People Gone" was a 1974 TV movie featuring Peter Graves that fits your description.

      Delete