Monday, December 15, 2014

12 Movies of Christmas

It's Christmas time, the most wonderful time of the whole year! And with the metaphorical Jack Frost biting at my nose (metaphorical because it's only about 68 degrees where I live - much too warm for snow), I am feeling the Yuletide spirit. So in preparation of my favorite holiday, I've got my TV queued up to some of the very best films this season has to offer. And what are they you might ask? Without further ado, I give you . . . 

The 12 Movies of Christmas:

1. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
2. Die Hard
3. Elf
4. Home Alone
5. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
6. Love Actually
7. Rise of the Guardians
8. All I Want for Christmas
9. Fred Claus
10. The Santa Clause
11. A Charlie Brown Christmas
12. Muppets Christmas Carol

What about you guys? Any Christmas movies you like to watch every year? 

9 comments:

  1. Elf and Home Alone are on my list. Also, Love, Actually, which is for more mature audiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the classics - Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life and Charles Dickens Christmas Carol are some I try to watch every year. I also try to read Polar Express and Owl Moon every year. These are both children's books, and they are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I placed mine on my blog:) It's A Wonderful Life tops my list so does Miracle on 34th St., A Christmas carol(1951). Going My Way, A Christmas Story and we share Elf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muppet Christmas Carol, While You Were Sleeping, Elf, Scrooged, Miracle on 34th Street, and It's a Wonderful Life are sitting by my DVD player as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even begin to count the number of times my family has seen 'The Christmas Story'. "You'll shoot your eye out" is a catch-phrase around here. As a matter of fact, I think I might just watch it this week while I bake off my cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to watch Prancer, The Santa Clause, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Jack Frost, and Little Women. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the artsy film crowd I'd recommend Federico Fellini's "Ginger and Fred" which is about the reunion of a dance team for an Italian Christmas TV special. A wonderful film I think, but I can never find anyone else to watch it with me. My wife is not a Fellini fan.

    "A Christmas Story" is always a mainstream favorite that I typically see each year.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Undercover Christmas*
    2. Angel in the Family - Meredith Baxter
    3. A Christmas Visitor - Meredith Baxter
    4. Finding John Christmas - Peter Falk as Max
    5. A Town Without Christmas - Peter Falk as Max
    6. Comfort and Joy - Peter Falk as Max
    7. Jack Frost - Michael Keaton
    8. Prancer - Sam Elliott
    9. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Henry Winkler

    Most of these are old Hallmark movies, and since I don't get Hallmark anymore (boo AT&T), I miss them. Miracle on 34th St. used to be one of my favorites, but since it's shown year-round, it's lost some of its glow.
    *Undercover Christmas helped me develop my Miranda character in Partly Sunny (Jami Gertz)

    ReplyDelete