Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Can't Waits of 2014

It's always excited when one year passes and a new one begins. A fresh start, New Years resolutions that you really intend (but rarely do) to keep, and a whole host of new books, movies, tv shows and life events to anticipate. My 2014 looks to be a big one, and there are so many things I simply can't wait for. Here's a look at my . . .

'Can't Waits' of 2014

TV Series: 
Sherlock - Season 3 (finally!)
Game of Thrones - Season 4 (the recently released preview looks incredible)
True Blood - Season 7 (I'm pretty worried about this one as the past few seasons have been so-so)
Believe (a great concept . . .)
Penny Dreadful (looks terrifyingly awesome)

Movies:
- I, Frankenstein (this looks so bad it's just got to be awesome)
- Vampire Academy
- 300: Rise of an Empire
- Veronica Mars (finally! I've been waiting on this one since the kickstarted campaign).
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (super excited)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (super, super excited)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (I can't wait to see how they plan to combine two casts from different versions of the X-Men films into one movie!)
- Maleficent
- Godzilla (thanks for reminding me Alex!)
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Resident Evil: Afterbirth (they keep making them, I'll keep going)
- Interstellar
- Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
- The Hobbit: There and Back Again (these just can't compare to Lord of the Rings, but I feel I have to go anyways to support Tolkien)
- Into the Woods

Books:
The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan - there are a bunch of other books I'm waiting for, but this one takes the absolute cake. I cannot wait to see what the fifth and final book in the Heroes of Olympus series has in store for us.




Personal:

I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 129 DAYS!!! This is, obviously, the most exciting event of my 2014. Let's just hope the 129 days go by quickly.

11 comments:

  1. But not so quickly you don't have time to plan!
    Most of those movies I'm eager to see. I'd add Godzilla, because I really need a good Godzilla movie to wipe out the memory of the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - it was supposed to be on my list and somehow I left it off. I'm adding it now though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Sherlock - quite literally. I'm not waiting for it to be shown on tv; I've already ordered the DVD!

    Good luck with your wedding! *throws confetti*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do know that Tolkien's family hates Jackson's Hobbit and wish they hadn't been made, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a great year for fans of superhero movies! Not as good as the year with Avengers, but close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many things on your list are on my list. Sherlock, Game of Thrones, Veronica Mars—so much awesome, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a second I thought "Cover Not Final" was the subtitle for the Jordan book. I was like, that's a really strange thing. But on a second look I figured it out.

    And I hope it'll be a good year for movies and tv. Sherlock comes on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrads on the upcoming marriage! He's a lucky man to have such a talented, beautiful and sweet woman in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited for Sherlock and Veronica Mars, too. (Especially Veronica Mars!) Also, congrats on the marriage! Those 129 days will likely fly by faster than you expect...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, S.L. I hope those 12(6) days fly by!
    I know what you mean about the Hobbit. I'm not particularly stoked about the coming film, despite that the Hobbit is my favorite book of all time. But I'll be going shortly after it opens in theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An exciting year ahead! Sherlock is on over here at the moment - it's a whole lot of fun. As long as you don't worry about the gaping plot-holes...

    ReplyDelete