I've been a very bad blogging buddy. WEEKS ago my friend Julie gave me a blog award (Thanks Jules!!!) and I was so caught up with editing I never got around to following up. Terrible! But I’m now prepared to make amends.
For anyone who hasn’t seen Julie’s blog From Pen to Paper, go check it out immediately! She's amazing. Her blog is HILARIOUS and her manuscript even better (I know because she’s let me read the whole thing from start to finish – jealous?). She’s also a stupendous editor and frequently hears the voices of my characters just as clearly as I do. I’d like to think several of our characters would get along great . . . wink wink.
From what I understand, this award is in German ("Liebster" apparently means "dearest," and is a term for close friends), and is given to awesome bloggers with 200 followers or less. Now the Rules!
1) Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
2) Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
3) Copy and paste the award on your blog
4) Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers!
5) Last, but far from least, HAPPY BLOGGING!
My five AMAZING blog picks are:
1. Julie Tuovi – I’m not sure what the etiquette is involving re-awarding your awarder, but I’m doing it anyways. Julie is an INCREDIBLE writer (her blog has me cracking up on a daily basis), as I’ve already mentioned, and a terrific friend. Her novel is soon-to-be-snapped-up by an agent and her liberty-loving characters are a joy to read. Thanks Julie for ALL your support and for entertaining me endlessly with your writing!
2. Terry – my writing adopt-o-mom, Terry writes an tremendous blog called Texas Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives where she chronicles her adventures across the state seeking out hole-in-the-wall Texas cuisine. Every time I read her blog my stomach starts to rumble! Though she doesn’t post often (because she’s so busy writing and editing her awesome manuscript Saving Gracie), her posts are not to be missed!
3. Mel Fowler – one of my new blogging friends, Mel’s blog Adventure Writes is tons of fun! She loves ninjas (who doesn’t?) and, like my friends from my writing critique group and I, faces the never-ending struggle with adverbs in her writing. Her story Daughters of the Sky sounds incredible and I love reading and supporting fellow YA writers!
4. Linda – I’m new to her blog Wistfully Linda but have already found it terrifically informative! She posts all kinds of neat writing links which have made me feel tremendously better about my own writing (thanks Linda!) and has a lot of helpful tips for struggling writers. Not to mention her writing pet peeves are remarkably similar to my own. Thanks for posting Linda!!
5. Candy Lynn Fite – one of my new blogging buddies I acquired through Rachael Harrie’s Flash Fiction contest, Candy told me my story had a “true Narnia feel to it”, forever earning her a place in my writers’ heart! Her work in progress title Between You, Me and a Cupcake had me howling with laughter and her contest story was delightfully creepy and zombie-esque! I can’t wait to hear more from her!
Hope I didn’t overwhelm anyone with my use of adjectives, but these writers really are exceptional. So check out these awesome writers and enjoy!